Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nine is New

It's the first day of September, the 9th month of the year. SEPTEMBER is the only month whose name consists of exactly 9 letters. Even more special is that no other month's name matches the rank of that month in the year. That is, JANUARY consists of 7 letters, but it is not the 7th month; FEBRUARY consists of 8 letters, but it is not the 8th month, and so on.

This morning the Universe seemed eager to reinforce this for me. Every morning I randomly draw a single card from each of three oracular decks I work with. I draw a cart from the Tarot, from the Medicine Cards and from the Sacred Geometry Oracle Deck. My Tarot draw was the 9 of Wands. Bingo! My Medicine Card draw was Bat which is the 42nd card in that deck, and my Geometry draw was Nucleus which is also the 42nd card in that deck. But wait, you say. That's not 9. Ah, but it is, only slightly hidden. The numeric value of NINE is 14 + 9 + 14 + 5 = 42.

As we begin a new month it's good to note that the word NEW = 14 + 5 + 23 = 42, and there is that 42 again. The words "nine" and "new" are related in yet another way. The Latin word for nine is "novem" which is related to the Latin "nova" which means "new" or "renew."

'Nuff said, from up here on Cloud 9, even if it's still a long way from the whole 9 yards.






No comments:

Post a Comment